The North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) will provide the organizing vision and direction for all of the State of North Dakota's transportation investments and initiatives over the next twenty years.
CDG is leading all pedestrian and bicycle-related components of the LRTP, working as part of the multi-disciplinary team selected by NDDOT for this effort.
CDG's work includes:
- Pedestrian and bicycle-related safety analysis and Vision Zero coordination
- Recommendations related to future investments for non-motorized transportation in North Dakota for the next twenty years
- Identification of key pedestrian and bicycle-related improvements in communities where state highways function as "main streets"
- Integration of local and regional plans into NDDOT planning initiatives and investments
- Integration of "New Mobility" and micromobility initiatives into the larger NDDOT transportation framework
Work on this project started in September 2019 and is expected to continue through the end of 2020.