CDG is Hiring!
Position: Proposal Coordinator
Community Design Group (CDG) is growing our team of talented and dedicated professionals, and we are looking for a Proposal Coordinator to help us build on our record of success!
CDG is a design and planning consulting firm located in the heart of Minneapolis. Since 2001, CDG has been a leader in forward-thinking approaches to planning and design, specializing in sustainable solutions for mobility, placemaking, and community engagement. We work closely with communities to plan and implement projects and initiatives that improve access to walking, biking, and transit, and connect people to the places where they live, work, and play.
Due to the quality and reputation of our work and service, demand and opportunities for Community Design Group are at an all time high. CDG is known for doing excellent work, as well as providing a great workplace for our staff.
The Proposal Coordinator will serve as a member of our Minneapolis team, responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), and supporting staff in the development and delivery of high-quality work products.
The primary function for the Proposal Coordinator is to lead coordination and production of high-quality marketing proposals and other marketing materials for obtaining new work, including:
- Facilitating proposal kickoff meetings
- Compiling all necessary information
- Coordinating with teaming partners as necessary
- Editing and formatting content
- Production and delivery of the final response
The Proposal Coordinator will develop content, including cover letters, team description, references, staff bios, and resumes. Because each proposal needs to be tailored to the specific topic of that RFP, the Proposal Coordinator must exhibit excellent attention to detail, layout, writing and organizational skills. Proposals are typically prepared in InDesign, so excellent layout skills are a requirement. The Proposal Coordinator must have the ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines.
Secondary functions of the Proposal Coordinator include:
- Supporting staff in the development and delivery of high-quality work products. Examples: Comprehensive Plans, Safe Routes to School Plans, Ped/Bike Plan documents, etc.
- Coordinating and preparing other qualifications, presentations and interview materials including writing, formatting and reproduction
- Assisting staff in creating "thought leader" presentations/articles for industry and association events
- Assisting other team members with graphic design/writing assignments
- Preparing marketing materials and brochures
- Assisting in development and continuous improvement of CDG’s visual brand and marketing materials standards
- Managing / curating CDG’s photo library, including:
- maintaining photo library keywords and assignment to photo assets,
- photo documentation of ongoing and previous projects, and
Candidates should have a BA/BS in a related field such as marketing, communications, graphic design, English or journalism, and five years of experience. The candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), and general productivity software (Microsoft Office Suite). Potential candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent document layout and writing skills and will be asked to complete a writing and software skills test. Experience with Apple software (Pages and Keynote) a plus.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this full-time position is dependent on qualifications and experience. CDG offers a competitive benefits package which includes health and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, flexible earned time, and a retirement plan that is matched by the company. In addition, we offer company bikeshare and carshare memberships, and public transit reimbursement.
CDG is located in the Colonial Warehouse building in the North Loop neighborhood of Minneapolis, adjacent to the Cedar Lake Trail. Within a short distance there are many bikeways and transit lines, as well as restaurants and the Mississippi River. Building perks include direct access to the Cedar Lake Trail, secure indoor bicycle parking, and shower facilities. The office has a comfortable, open floor plan. The space includes sunlight, operable windows, wood floors, and a variety of workspace options to accommodate team projects.
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Application: Proposal Coordinator” by end of day, Friday June 16:
- Cover letter (PDF)
- Resume (PDF)
- Work examples, including graphic products and writing (PDF or links to work examples)
Cover letters can be addressed to Scot Nortrom, Operations Manager. Please limit size of email attachments to 10Mb (or provide links to Google Drive, Dropbox or similar).
Only applications meeting minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls, please.
CDG is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.